A great post highlighting the graduation ceremony of the most dependable friends of Police Officers-the Police dogs. Samina
- The Metropolitan Transportation Authority put its best paws forward Friday, graduating a new class of police dogs at Grand Central Terminal in New York. Each dog received a collar, which includes the dog’s badge.
- The eight pooches have gone through an extensive 14 week training program and were taught how to detect explosives and work in crowded spaces.
- The new members of the K-9 force are being named after an officer or soldier who fell in the line of duty, including Glen (pictured above), who was named for Officer Glen Pettit who died in the line of duty. And “Buck” who is named after Gregory Buckley, a Marine who was killed in Afghanistan.
- Family members of officers who died in the line of duty, received a placard noting that a new dog in the unit had been named in the officer’s honor.
- “I’m very, very proud. Especially that they’re honoring my…
View original post 54 more words